Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Website vs Web Application VS 2008

Just recently I moved some code from one application to the other and ended up creating a website instead of web application. All the designer files started crashing on me and I ended up removing them since it wouldn't stop complaining about namespace issues.

Found this post which explains why it happens. Website model doesn't have designer files and are compiled on demand in single dlls. When you build a web application, it builds as one dll and maintain UI elements relation with code behind using designer files.

The link attached below explains how to do it, worked for me! So now I have decided that I'll use Web application instead of Website since its not suggested for non-smaller web applications.

Link: Detail Post by Guru Stop

No comments: